Effective starting: August 9, 2019
We wrote this policy to help you understand:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How and when we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
Downloadable Products: Sejda's downloadable software products, such as Sejda Desktop.
Website: Sejda's website sejda.com and any related sub-domains and pages.
Sejda Services include our Website and Downloadable Products.
What information we collect about you
Information you provide to us
We collect the following information:
Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account or make purchases. Information we collect includes:
- Contact information such as email address
- Billing information such as name, credit card details, billing address and VAT number
In some cases another user (such as a team lead or system administrator) may create an account on your behalf and may provide your information (most commonly when your company or school requests that you use our products).
User Files: We store user-uploaded files as well as the processed output files for the sole purpose of giving you enough time to process and download them. See more on how we store and secure information we collect
Technical information we collect when you use our products
Web Logs: When you use our website, our servers automatically record information ("log data"), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address (IP), the address of the web pages you visited, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request and cookie data.
Error Reporting from Downloadable Products: We collect error reporting information when you use our downloadable products to help us improve our products and services. When the software encounters certain errors, it will automatically send troubleshooting information to our servers about the error. This feature can be opted out from the software settings and you can choose not to send the information. Information we collect includes:
- Error information about the task that failed such as settings used, edits performed, log output, file names used.
- Operating system information such as RAM allocation, hostname, currently logged in username.
- Product information such as the name and version of the Downloadable Product.
Software Updates & License Information from Downloadable Products: Our Downloadable Products also communicate with our servers for licensing purposes, as well as to check for updates. Information we collect for these purposes includes: the name and version of the Downloadable Product, details about your computer such as hostname and currently logged in username, your Internet Protocol address (IP).
Cookies and Tracking Technologies: Sejda and our third party partners, such as our analytics partners, advertising partners, cloud storage providers such as Google Drive or Dropbox, use various technologies to collect information, such as cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons, device identifiers and pixels) to provide functionality and to recognize you across different Services and devices. For more information, please see our Cookies and Tracking Notice, which includes information on how to control or opt out of these cookies and tracking technologies.
Information we collect from other sources
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide the Sejda Services to you.
- We use your Internet protocol (IP) address to (1) prevent fraud and (2) verify software license information.
- We use your Contact information, such as email address, to communicate with you and provide you with customer support.
- We use your Billing information to (1) provide you with an invoice; (2) allow you to pay the fees for using your product; (3) managing your account;
- We use your Operating system information to verify software license information.
- We use your Operating system information and Error information to fix software defects and improve our products.
How and when we share information
- We share your Billing information and Contact information with the payment processing companies we use.
- We share your IP address with payment and security services to help us identify fraud.
Some information we acquire may be collected by third party providers on our behalf.
Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Sejda Services; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use technical measures to secure your data. Data exchanged with the website is transmitted over SSL.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
How long we keep information
Account and Payment Information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
User Files: All user-uploaded files as well as the processed output files will be permanently deleted after upload or processing respectively. We store the files for the sole purpose of giving you enough time to process and download them. No backups are made of these files. We don’t access your files without your explicit permission. You can choose to share processed output files with others, using our share features, such as sharing them by email or by generating a public link. In that case anyone who has the shared link can access your shared files. The access link and the shared files will be permanently deleted 30 days after being shared.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
Sejda is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including to the Netherlands, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
How to access and control your information
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you're an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Turn off cookie controls. Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in our Cookies & Tracking Notice.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Netherlands or with your local supervisory authority.
Our policy towards children
Children under 16 are not allowed to use Sejda Services. If you are based in the EEA you may only use Sejda Services if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of Sejda Services has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using Sejda Services and you don't want them to, please contact us.
The data controller you should contact is , a Dutch company with its registered office at , registered with Chamber of Commerce Amsterdam under KvK-nummer .
You can also contact us at